Saturday 10 March 2018

…but what if I was in charge?… by Clara

The world lay in ruins, and it was all my brother's fault. He had led the rebellion against the world's leaders, that had subsequently led to a nuclear war... which led to us now. As I lay dying in a ditch, I wondered, "But what if I was in charge?" I was always the one better at debating, my brother solved everything with brute force. Who knows, maybe my plan would've worked, maybe my plan wouldn't've killed everything on the planet. Mind you, there's no point contemplating decisions and "what if's" in the last few seconds of my life...

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job responding to this week's 100wc prompt Clara. First, I love that your brother is the bad guy... I remember my brother being the bad guy in every story I made up when I was little. I also loved the way you developed the main character as a person of peace. Finally, you ended the story well, although oh so sad!

    ReplyDelete