Thursday 15 February 2018

...we were moving very fast... by Clara

"STOP!" cried my little brother desperately. Dad was driving his Ferrari at 200mph.
"Why are you doing this?" begged Mum, who had no idea what was going on. We were moving very fast when for the first time, we all noticed the police sirens behind us. "What are those police cars doing?" whispered Mum.
"I'm sorry," Dad replied while accelerating even more.
"Just stop the car, Alan." Mum calmly commanded.
"I can't. I don't want to lose any of you."
Ahead of us was the pier, then the cold winter ocean.
"This way we will be together forever." Dad accelerated...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clara
    I wasn't expecting that ending!! Do they make it out of the car? I wonder what caused the dad to want to do such an awful thing to his family?
    You show really good skills as a writer, Clara. You use dialogue to show how all the different characters are feeling and your use of verbs is effective to explain their tone of voice. What gave you the idea for this story?
    Keep up the great work.
    Ms McKenzie (Team 100WC, Christchurch, New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete